VOICES FROM THE ECCC (Extraordinary Chambers in the Court of Cambodia)/THE KHMER ROUGE TRIBUNAL.
- Could you please tell us your name, your position at the ECCC, and a brief summary of your responsibilities?
- What were some of the most challenging aspects of your work at the ECCC?
- Can you provide any thoughts on areas where you found the court’s makeup, procedure, rules, or practices to be frustrating or inefficient? What could be improved? Can you offer a personal anecdote on this?
- Can you provide any opinion on areas where you found the court’s business practices or structure to be surprisingly efficient, successful, or supportive of your role? In other words, what part of the court (process, function, or entity) seemed to work well in supporting the defence?
- Can you provide any thoughts on best practices that you observed or lessons learned at the ECCC that may pertain to future international tribunals?
- What do you see to be significant challenges for future courts handling mass atrocities based on your work at the ECCC?
- What do you think the major impacts of the ECCC will be on Cambodian society? Both today and twenty years from now?
(Photo by San Bunsim, October 16, 2019)